Sunday, February 20, 2011

Chocolate Zucchini Cake

I don't have a craft update for this week (yet) so I thought I'd put in another delicious Mom recipe.  Chocolate zucchini cake is a mix between bread and cake.  The consistency is cake-like but the taste is like chocolate zucchini bread. Very tasty, recommended for all ages. Perhaps when I make some in the future I'll post a picture of it also. I would also like to wish my oldest (but not old) sister a happy birthday! I miss you Kimb!

Chocolate Zucchini Cake
½ C Butter
½ C Vegetable Oil
1 ¾ C Sugar
2 Eggs
1 T Vanilla
2 C Grated Zucchini
½ C Buttermilk or Sour Cream
¼ t Salt
2 ½ C Flour
1 t Baking Soda
4 T Cocoa Powder
½ t Cinnamon
¼ t Cloves
2 C Chocolate Chips

--Cream together butter, oil and sugar.
--Add eggs and vanilla.
--Combine dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk/sour cream.
--Add zucchini.
--Add ½ of the chocolate chips.
--Pour into greased and floured 9x13 pan.  Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
--Bake at 325 for 35-40 min.  Cupcakes for approx 25 min.

2 comments:

  1. Yummy. I wish I had a giant overgrown zuke right now. Happy Kimby Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds delish. I will have to try to make it sometime! :-)

    ReplyDelete