This is a recipe for trail mix. It's so good! Kinda sticky so you have to use a spoon or wash your hands after you eat it. I prefer to put it in some Greek vanilla yogurt. My mom gave me this recipe so I'm not sure where it came from. I've customized it a bit.
- 5 Cups nuts and seeds of your choice (I use 1 C each of slivered almonds, sunflower seeds, chopped walnuts, chopped pecans and pumpkin seeds)
- 1/3 C coconut oil
- 1/3 C honey
- 1 t cinnamon
- 2 t vanilla
- 1 C shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1 C dried cranberries
- Put your nuts in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a small pot, melt honey and oil.
- When it is all melted, turn off the heat.
- Add cinnamon and vanilla to honey/oil mix.
- Turn the oven on to 300 deg.
- Pour the mixture over the nuts and stir well.
- Spread on a cookie sheet and bake for 15 min.
- Stir the nuts around and bake for another 10ish minutes. Be careful not to burn them!
- When it's all done, put it back in your bowl and add the coconut and cranberries.
- Spread it back on the baking sheet to cool.